During the EFA 2015 Annual Meeting there will also be space for younger researchers at the one-day EFA Doctoral Tutorial that will be held on Wednesday August 19, 2015. This annual educational event is organized by the co-chairs, Gyöngyi Lóranth and Frans de Roon, and sponsored by the NASDAQ OMX Educational Foundation and the CQA.
The most up-to-date information about the doctoral tutorial can be found here.
Doctoral Tutorial program
The EFA Doctoral Tutorial is held in a collaborative, open and friendly atmosphere. The selected papers will be distributed well in advance to facilitate lively discussions and questions from student and faculty participants alike. To enhance the collegiality of the tutorial, participants are expected to attend the entire event. In addition, a student whose paper is accepted for the Doctoral Tutorial is also expected to serve as a discussant for one of the other papers.
Thanks to the generosity of NASDAQ OMX, EFA is able to offer sponsorship possibilities to participants and observers coming from the CEE countries or other economically disadvantaged regions. Authors presenting at the Doctoral Tutorial will receive a free pass for the EFA 2015 Annual Meeting.
All participants will receive a certificate of participation and there will be a group dinner organized for participants of the 2015 EFA Doctoral Tutorial on the evening before the event.
Please note that this is a closed session for PhD students selected by the co-chairs to present their research. (Interested observers must obtain permission in advance from the organizers in order to be admitted to this special session. Please contact the EFA Executive Secretary for more details.)
For more information, please go to to the Doctoral Tutorial page on the EIASM website here.
The Co-Chairs of the 2015 EFA Doctoral Tutorial are:
Gyöngyi Lóranth (University of Vienna, Austria), gyoengyi [dot] loranth [at] univie [dot] ac [dot] at
Frans de Roon (Tilburg University, Netherlands), F [dot] A [dot] deRoon [at] uvt [dot] nl
For logistical questions, please contact the EIASM Administrative Coordinator:
Marion Hebbelynck, marion [dot] hebbelynck [at] eiasm [dot] be
For questions related to EFA, please contact EFA Executive Secretary:
Ene Kannel, ene [dot] kannel [at] eiasm [dot] be
Best EFA Doctoral Tutorial paper prizes
The best paper presented at the 2015 EFA Doctoral Tutorial will be recognized with the Best PhD Tutorial Paper Prize sponsored by the NASDAQ OMX Educational Foundation. In addition, one of the presenters may be invited to present his/her work at the Chicago Quantitative Alliance (CQA) Fall Conference 2015 to be held in Chicago September 2015.
Call for papers - Doctoral Tutorial
The paper submission is closed.
We encourage doctoral students to submit papers or proposals by Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 1:00 PM (13:00 hrs.) CET (Central European Time).
Submitters are welcome to add one or two additional page(s) raising the conceptual and methodological problems they face at the current stage of their dissertation, which they would like to discuss during the tutorial. All topics and methodological approaches within the broad field of finance are welcome.
Preference will be shown for work that is substantially advanced but not fully completed. We consider only single-authored work by current PhD students who have not yet been in the job market, and who are planning to join the job market in 2015-16 or later.
Guidelines for submission
Phd students can choose to submit:
1) to the Doctoral Tutorial, or
2) to main conference. All PhD single-authored papers submitted to the main conference will be considered for the Doctoral Tutorial if NOT accepted to the main conference. Your paper will pass the same submission and review process as regular paper submissions. Please note that you are required to submit a completed paper, you will be asked to upload two files: anonymous (blind) and non-anonymous (including author information). Note that you do not need to provide your CV and letter from the advisor. To submit to the main conference visit our page www.efa2015.org/submission-main-conference.
Before submitting, please note that:
- Each author is restricted to one submission: or Doctoral Tutorial or main conference. Please note that all PhD single-authored papers submitted to the main conference will be considered for the Doctoral Tutorial if NOT accepted to the main conference.
- Co-authored papers will NOT be considered for the Doctoral Tutorial.
- All PhD students are asked to become 2015 EFA member to submit a paper. Papers submitted by non-EFA members are not eligible for the Doctoral Tutorial. For more information about EFA membership, please click here.
Please note that if you change idea and want to change option (from only Doctoral Tutorial to both main conference, and vice versa), you have to withdraw your contribution and re-submit.
Guidelines to submit to Doctoral Tutorial
(a) Renewal/register for EFA membership fee
There is no submission fee to submit a paper. However, submitting authors are asked to register or renew to the European Finance Association.
- To register as new member: use Oxford University Press (OUP) website.
- To renew your membership: use the renewal link that was sent to you by email.
For any problem regarding membership fee, please contact OUP customer services at jnls [dot] cust [dot] serv [at] oup [dot] com, or on +44 (0)1865 353907.
(b) Registration on the EFA 2015 management system
The submitting author will be asked to register on our conference management system by giving his/her personal information, contact details, and setting his/her personal account information.
Please note that each EFA Annual Meeting has a separate database. Therefore, you must create a new account on our system (although you may use the same username/password as you had on previous EFA site if you wish).
(c) Submission of a contribution
To submit a contribution, authors must follow three steps:
Step 1 – track choice
Select the track the "Doctoral Tutorial" track.
Step 2 – contribution information
Information about the authors and the contribution:
- Author and email
- Title of contribution
- Choose topic(s) from a given list (click here to see list of all topics)
Step 3 - Upload files
The contribution can be uploaded on ConfTool. Please note that authors can upload new versions up until the final deadline.
Submitting authors will be asked to upload three documents in .pdf format:
- Anonymous paper: the first page should include the title and the abstract but no references to the author.
- Student CV
- Letter from Advisor on official institution letterhead
Please note that the maximum file size is 10 megabytes.
December 15, 2014
February 18, 2015
1:00 PM (13:00 hrs.)